Friday, March 28, 2008

March 28, 2008

You never know when your life will change.

Today at 11:00am mine changed FOREVER!!!!!! Rich and I have been trying for nearly 14 years to have a baby and today that quest came to an end. I was diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer and I will likely lose my uterus. I have to see a specialist in Denver next week to discuss my options but with all the trouble we have already had I can't see the news changing. 1 of the options that we can choose is that we can treat the cancer with medication therfore preserving my uterus for a short period of time. Hopefully long enough for us to get pregnant, have the baby and then pull out my uterus, but it's a long shot. I have discovered today just how much I love life even with all the ups and downs we are faced with so I don't know that I want to risk it to have a baby only to have Rich have to raise it by himself. We can adopt and that is something we will be looking into sooner rather then later.

I started this blog for all our family and friends to be updated whenever they wanted to. It will be hard to keep everyone filled on all the details and this seemed like the best way.

Rich or I will post updates as we can. If you are reading this it's because you are an important part of our lives.

Please pray for us in the weeks ahead. We have some difficult decisions that we have to make, and a dream to let go of.

Rich and Shell

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl,
After hearing earler today then reading your thoughts, I am devastated for you both. I know there are reasons for things happening even though it is hard to see at the beginning of a journey. You and Rich started this journey a long time ago and it has taken a new direction from one you did not perceive.

I know you are called to something special and as you make these very hard decisions, I hope that calling becomes clearer to you both. My prayer for you is that you find peace and have clarity of thought as you move forward.

You know when people ask other people to pray for them??? I WILL!!

Aleta said...

Shell,

My heart aches for you and Rich! I can only imagine the overwhelming feelings you are having. Please know that you have a circle of family and friends who love you and are here for you.
My thoughts are with you my dear friends!

Karla said...

We lOVE YOU!!!!