A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes. My heart made a wish today and I didn't dare dream that it could come true. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best has been my motto all week. Based on all the research that I have done as well as My Mom and Rich none of us thought I had any other options then hysterectomy.
To our shock and amazement Dr. Shmitz told us that we could try treating my cancer with medicine. In 3 months I will have a repeat D&C with a biopsy and if that is okay we can try 2 rounds of infertility drugs. After those rounds if I am not pregnant then I have to undergo a hysterectomy. So, regardless of what happens I will lose my uterus sometime between now and say approximately 15 months from now because if we do get pregnant I have to have the hysterectomy right after the baby is born.
We have some tests we have to do like check my FSH levels and have a PET scan. If my FSH levels are too high then that would indicate I would never be able to become pregnant anyway and if that is the case we will proceed with hysterectomy in about a month. If they are okay then we will proceed with the medication to treat the cancer and go from there. So even though I still may not ever become pregnant we at least have some chances to try. I can live with that. It will still be hard to deal with but not as hard as it would have been to just proceed straight to the hysterectomy as we thought I would be doing. None of this is without risks but the risks are actually pretty low and I will be well watched through all of this.
I am so happy to just have a chance, that is all I wanted. We may have never got pregnant anyway, we always knew we would have a hard time. I just feel relieved and hopeful but more importantly much more prepared to accept the loss if not having a baby is still what happens.
So, our roller coaster ride continues but not for much longer. In the mean time we will begin to explore our adoption options. Who knows we could have a baby and still even adopt one.....
Thank You for praying for us, we love you!!!!!
Shell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Michelle...wonderful news!!! Yes-the journey continues. Remember it is the journies that form our character so embrace it all. See you soon :.)
Life is so precious! In your case even more so! This journey you are on is turning out to be like a roller coaster ride. Imagine that this ride is in Disneyland and you need to experience all of it and remember it always!
Shell~ I am happy to hear there is hope and that you continue to be strong. Sometimes we don't understand why God dealt this hand but keeping the faith and hope alive is all we can do to get through these rough times. I wish you and Rich the best as your journey continues and I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Emily
Post a Comment